Friday, February 19, 2016

A Late Wednesday Night

I wish I could have captured my surprise and the cartoon hearts that were dancing around my head when I found this: 

You see, I've read countless accounts of not just twins but siblings doing this very thing. I actually *expected* this to happen when we transitioned from cribs. I dutifully check on the ladies every night, regularly collecting the bottom bunk dwelling lady back into a more supine position. After finding a mess of tangled blankets in the bottom bunk I surveyed the room, in the dark, and was startled to not find her! I took an impossibly small lap around their tiny room hoping to find a small foot sticking out from beneath the bed or to see her balled up with a book and flashlight in a chair. So I quickly decided I should check on the top-bunk dweller to ensure that they both hadn't been abducted by the boogie man. What would you know! 

How they managed to sleep soundly through the night while laying perpendicular in the top bunk is beyond me. I just happy they are so happy together!

3 comments:

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

That is so awesome!!!!! I have a friend whose twin boys sleep together all the time. She always tags the photos, #twinning. :) :)

Mrs FF said...

Love it

Marcia (123 blog) said...

sooo cute! And it's so rare these days, I find, that the other day I also took a pic of them together in the same bed - playing, not sleeping, but still. I may post it this week and I'll tag you :)